Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is the "American Dream of home ownersip" a cliche' or real?

As a Realtor, I still feel in this hard economy and a media that just seems to keep delivering bad news about the market, I have still been lucky to be there for buyer clients who have met their own "American Dream".  Even after the government's first time home buyer program, I still am seeing first time home buyers finding the "dream home".  I am always so grateful and excited to be the person chosen by clients to take part in such a very special step in someones life.  The excitement of buying a home is always big, but there still is something almost spiritual for me when I am the vehicle for the first time home buyer clients.  Yes, being a Realtor often feels like a stressful job and sometimes I wonder why I have chosen this path.  An easy answer for that is knowing there are people who will always know their "first home".  I take great pride in being part of "the American Dream" for buyers.  Yes, this market is tough and has more restrictions for buyers.  It is also a market flooded with properties priced better than it's been for many buyers.  I am having a very busy Spring with buyer clients right now, but I also look at the prices on amazing homes right now and think, "I should be even MORE busy than I am"!  The banks are being more strict with who they are giving loans to today, but that is also protecting my clients from buying something they may not be able to manage and enjoy.
The American Dream today of home ownership is still very much alive, and I am loving being part of it for clients!
Ok, now for the cheesy chiche' photo...


No comments:

Post a Comment