Thursday, May 26, 2011

What has the Hudson Valley Real Estate market been doing?

Spring is always a busy time for agents in the Hudson Valley.  A lot of city visitors are coming up for a weekend and want to find the perfect Woodstock or Hudson River properties for that second home escape.  I have felt extra busy this year than in past Springs and am hearing the same feedback from other agents in my company.  I just checked to see if more properties are being sold this year compared to last, and wanted to share that...
From January 1st 2010 to May 26th 2010 there were 397 residential properties sold.  From January 1st this year until today, (May 26th) there have only been 317 properties sold.
The median price last year was $214,000 and this year it's $193,267.
The highest price last year for a sold was $2,150,000 and this year it's $3,250,000.
Average days on the market last year was 151 days and this year it's 163 days.
Looking for your Hudson Valley property?  The market is busy, and prices are really sweet right now!
You can look through the entire MLS on my website...
This morning, I could see from my porch a whole new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment