Friday, June 3, 2011

The I-phone versus Droid...(who's team are you on)?

I bought my Palm Pre the DAY it hit the market.  At the time, it was the first phone to be able to multi-task. Being the A.D.D. poster child, this feature made it perfect for ME!  It seemed like minutes before this smart phone was already an ancient toy and I was miserable with my once coolest toy on the block! 
I really just want to hear from people about what kind of phone you own and why you like it.  More importantly, I need to hear ANYTHING you may not like about the phone.  NO smart phone is perfect, so really try and come up with SOMETHING you may not be completely happy with about your phone. 
Selling Hudson Valley Real Estate I really need my phone to make my life easier.  I have taken plenty of classes on the real estate features the I-phone carries apps that really are sweet!  The I-phone may be super smart, hip, trendy, but that Droid green dude is WAY cooler than an Apple icon!
So, if you can, PLEASE help by sending me your two cents on why you like and don't like your smart phone!  Many thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Tim,
    I have the Verizon Iphone and it is amazing. Battery life, apps, never dropping a call, ease of use, durability, speed. just to name a few
    Battery life- can go a whole day and then some without a charge while texting, making calls, using the internet, and using apps.
    Apps- watch out, angry birds is addicting
    Ease of use- Apple, enough said
    speed- just keep it updated and it runs like its new everytime
    Durability- throw a case and a screen protector on and keep the iphone looking fresh and new like it was out of the box.
    Itunes- keeps all of your contacts/music/everything in order

    I had an android phone and found myself having to use the app killer every 20 minutes because the apps drain the battery like you wouldnt believe. That is the biggest complaint everyone talks about having a droid. That and it makes you set up a gmail account to do anything..

    In my opinion you cant go wrong with the Iphone. Especially on verizon
    Best Service+Best device= No brainer!

    ps. if you see this Ill be in New York on the 13th. Lets get together have dinner and some drinks! Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verizon iPhone here - works with all my other iToys. Droid is okay, but an iPhone is an iPhone. See - the thing is, Tim, you need an iPad. If you have an iPad, it works like your iPhone and you are never confused. Apps you buy for one also go on the other (no additional purchase). The camera on the iPhone passes my photographer other half's approval. Important for a realtor to know. Snap and upload right from the phone. The same goes for the video camera in the iPhone.

    What do I not like about my iPhone? Wait a minute . . . .I'll think of something . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction - AT&T iPhone, not verizon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I phone, no contest. Why buy a cheap rip off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my droid! It's amazing I haven't been on a computer in months. It has little issues, swyping is killing me...I swype & it corrects wrong. That is tough on Tobin.Hahaha...I would stay with my droid forever...if the world wasn't ending within my contract...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Samsung Galaxy S (the AT&T Captivate) and a Ipad 2. Trying to have my bases covered?
    Well, with regard to smartphones, I am on the Android camp. Why? Because I am a fan of Google products, and Android phones integrate them smoothly, specially if you are using Google voice. Also, it accepts an external sd card for added storage. Finally, I love some of the widgets that keep me informed of everything. The downside? Android's multi-task system consumes more battery life. So, no biggie, just pack an extra battery.
    Why the Ipad over an Android tablet? Right now, Ipad has more and better constructed apps. That is, so far, a better entertainment experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks people! I just want to make sure I can go to listings on the MLS program with it, or at least go on my website with it.
    www.upstatenydreamhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you should get an Ipad with wireless service. In this way, you can show your client different home listing during your tours.

    ReplyDelete