Monday, November 22, 2010

Anthony Bourdain in Kingston last night!


Kingston was buzzing last night with foodies and fans of Anthony Bourdain!  Anthony came to town last night to do a show at the Ulster Performing Arts Center in midtown.  Every one of Kingston's new restaurant owners were out for this show!  UPAC is such a great venue and I have seen so many amazing shows there.  I have seen Patti Smith, Whoopie Goldberg, The Black Crowes, Jerry Lee Lewis, Natalie Merchant, and so many other great shows there!  It's a really classic old theatre and any show is great to see there!
Kingston is really becoming a scene with cool new restaurants.  The city reminds me of what happened to Williamsburg Brooklyn and I hope this continues.  I had to show buyer clients from Connecticut houses in Kingston all day yesterday and it was nice to see this city through their eyes. 
After a day of showing houses, I went to the show...
I am a big fan of Anthony's show "No reservations" and love his books, but didn't know what to expect him to do live.  His show was classic Bourdain.  He shredded celebrity chefs, food writers, dumb tourists, and really left nobody in the food world safe.  I ate all of it and it was a delicious show!
After the show I got to meet him and asked him to come to Rio again.  He did a show there once back when Rio was a whole different city and a way more dangerous place.  I told him how it's changed and ready for him to come back.  It would be sweet!
Now is the time to buy property here in Kingston.  Prices are ripe, and interest rates are simmering on low!
Here are a couple of the great new food places we have...
Elephant is Kingston's Tapas and wine bar...
Boitson's is my new favorite...
This is their Facebook page...
Of course if you want to stay home and cook, stop by Fleishers.  Kingston's organic butcher...
Now is the time for Kingston!

No comments:

Post a Comment