Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm not always in the Hudson Valley

Winter here can be rough, (unless you love all the winter ski places we offer) so I take off to Rio every year for Carnaval.  I have been going to Rio for about ten years now, and spend about two months there.  Brasil is really home away from home for me in winter because it's their summer and I have lots of great friends there.  The economy in Brasil seems to be doing the opposite that ours is here.  One of my best friends there used to work on the beach by my apartment and was the classic "surfer dude".  Last year when I saw him, his hair was cut and he had a whole new look.  "I'm a Realtor now" he said!  He works at a really great company and loves it.  It was wild for me to hear how real estate works there and all the different laws.  Rio is having a real estate boom like NYC did, but they really can't build more, so people are selling at really crazy prices, (I should have bought years ago when it was cheap)!
Here is a site I like to read...
http://riotimesonline.com/
Selling Hudson Valley Real Estate may be my passion, but a break for the beach is my life!
P1080743

1 comment:

  1. Real State in Ipanema has always been expensive as well. If you want something cheap, try the poorer neighborhoods. Bangu would be a great shot.

    ReplyDelete