Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hudson Valley summer life is the BEST!

I have friends from Florida visiting right now, and there is almost too much to pick from for things to do while they are here!  Over the weekend we went to Saratoga.  Saratoga is the "best six weeks of summer" and "what Vegas wants to be"!  I follow the horse owners and trainers all year and can't wait for them to come to NY and race.  I had such a great winning weekend, and so did my visiting friends!  After the races we usually go to the Horseshoe for some live music and great food.
After a wild fun weekend, we hot really bad Hudson Valley weather yesterday and couldn't figure out what to do with ourselves.  We decided to go someplace I haven't been to since being a kid...HOWE CAVERNS!  It was a blast in the underground caves and a really fun kooky guide!
Now, on today's menu...
One of the greatest county fairs in the country starts here today.  The Dutchess County Fair happens in Rhinebeck, and is the most classic fair that happens.  Just across the Hudson from my house and where the big Chelsea Clinton wedding just happened!
Living in the Hudson Valley, I sometimes just get used to being here in a place that is THE summer vacation destination for so many people.  Being a Realtor and selling Hudson Valley Real Estate lets me help people live this exciting life also!  Just let me know if I can help you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow--Howe's Caverns brings back memories. I grew up in Connecticut and on one of our not-so-fun-nobody-gets-along vacations, we went to Howes Caverns. I was 10 yrs old and the only kid out of three to get out of the car with my father and go in the cavern. Should I stop patting myself on the back andd move on??:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saratoga is what Vegas wants to be? Come on!!

    ReplyDelete