Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer in the Hudson Valley...(so many choices)!

So many times here when I'm not selling Ulster County Real Estate, I will have a weekend off and instead of leaving town, just stay here because we have so MANY things happening around HERE to do!  When I have clients who buy their own Ulster County Real Estate, I sometimes check in and let them know about a concert or festival I don't think they should miss.
I live just across the Hudson River from The "Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome".  It's a really cool place with vintage biplanes that put on shows and even sell tickets to go up and fly in one!  I worked for a lot of years as a mascot for WPDH radio station and have gone up in the planes a couple times in the Eagle costume!  I am pretty afraid of planes, but for some reason a biplane felt more safe and comfortable.  On most weekends in Summer, I can look up and see the planes flying or doing tricks over the Hudson.  Check them out at ...
Another cool way to enjoy the Hudson River is to get out on a boat!  I like to go out on the Rip Van Winkle that leaves Kingston's Rondout waterfront.  The boat sometimes goes past my home and I always hear how much fun people are having out there!  Sometimes when I am on the boat, I point out to people my piece of Hudson Valley Real estate as we sail by the house!
One really amazing outdoor sculpture park is Opus 40 in Saugerties.  It's an incredible blue stone sculpted work that is something you never forget.  Occasionally they have concerts there and you will find no other venue like this to enjoy.  It's an incredible story of one man's life work...
Want to cool off?  Here is a list of places in the Hudson Valley from Hudson Valley Magazine, (my favorite is Kingston Point Beach here in Kingston)...
Like trains?  There is no better way to take a ride and enjoy some breathtaking Hudson valley scenery!

Need a place to stay while you are here having fun or looking at Ulster County Real Estate?  My two favorite places are...
A great lighthouse in Saugerties...

 
 
 

 
 
and the  1950s house Inn in Rosendale...(I have had clients stay there and they LOVED it)!
Here is this morning's sunrise at my place...
 
 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment