Monday, August 22, 2011

What does a million dollars buy in the Hudson Valley?

I sometimes hear people who live in the Hudson Valley say, "I could get a million dollars for my home,  I have a view"!  Right away I wonder, "do they have privacy?  what is the view of?  what makes your home so special"?  It's one of the toughest challenges for me in today's market.  I understand the EMOTIONAL value of a home for someone, but in this tough market savvy buyers know exactly what they are looking for and what they are willing to pay for it.
I did a search this morning on the MLS to see exactly what sort of single family residential properties have sold for a million dollars or more.  Here are the thirteen sold properties in the past year...
The least amount of land on a property was 4 acres, (with Hudson River views).  The earliest year built was 1739, and newest was 2002.
Today's current market has 60 properties on the maket over one million dollars.  Here they are...
I really am glad I looked all this up for the next time I have a buyer looking for luxury Hudson Valley Real Estate or am at a party and hear someone say, "I can get a million bucks for my house right now"!



No comments:

Post a Comment